1. Passengers who require specialized medical equipment to maintain their health conditions such as equipment for permanent supply of oxygen. These passengers will be transported fulfilling the following requirements:
2. Passengers requiring medical oxygen during the flight may travel with a portable oxygen concentrator (“POC”) of the following brands and models authorized by the FAA (check here FAA approved POCs https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/cabin_safety/portable_oxygen/)
3. The aeronautical regulations prohibit the use of other personal oxygen units, including those containing compressed or liquid oxygen, as they are considered dangerous goods.
4. Passengers who need to travel with vital therapeutic equipment must notify Viva Colombia about such situation through the call center, at least twenty-four (24) hours or more in advance. Likewise, they are required to show up at the Airline Check-in module at the airport at least one (1) hour before the flight with a medical certificate stating that such therapeutic equipment must be brought with them (see article 17).
5. The POC will be placed under the seat in front of the Passenger's seat, for this reason, POC maximum measures are 40 cm (height) x 35 cm (width) x 25 cm (depth).
6. A Passenger carrying POC must submit a medical certificate and sign the exemption for the carriage of passengers under special medical conditions form when making the documentation process at the airport, except for all flights to/from the United States.
7. A Passenger carrying a POC must take the following into account: