To have everything ready for your international trip from Colombia to United States, keep the following recommendations in mind.
Following recommendations of national authorities until further notice:
- It is not required to enter the United States.
- you must present your respective Covid vaccination certificate or card (complete scheme) from your country 14 days before boarding the flight. The only vaccinations allowed are:
- Janssen / J & J
- BIBP / Sinopharm
- Keep in mind that, if you are an american citizen or resident, you can travel without a vaccination certificate
- Passengers under 18 years of age are exempt from presenting a vaccination certificate.
- Complete your Check-in online and take your digital boarding pass with you on your cell phone
- You must fill out the affidavit, which you can download here and submit at the airport. Link version (English) - (Spanish) or you can fill it out directly at the airport counter.
- Get your passport and / or Visa ready if you need it
- To leave Colombia, both foreigners and Colombians must fill out the immigration pre-registration form called Check Mig before your international flight and prior to entering the immigration control posts. This form is accessible between 24 hours and one (1) hour before the trip. Find the form (here)
Personal protective equipment
- It is essential that you wear at all times, from entering the airport, on the aircraft and upon arrival, your mask, always covering your nose and mouth. This must be a surgical mask and must be worn by all travelers 2 years of age and older. For flights of more than two (2) hours, you must bring several masks to replace them during the trip. In the case of passengers over 60 years of age or those with comorbidities, we recommend the use of an N95 type face mask.
Passengers in connection
- If you carry checked baggage, it will be tagged until the final destination. In case you require your luggage at the connection point, inform the agent at the time of check-in, and on the day of your flight to the United States you must return it to the airport counter following the usual check-in process.
When taking your return flight
- Digital Check-In is not enabled, you must go to the airport counter and we will Check-in for you at no cost
- Remember to fill out the Check-Mig pre-registration form, between 24 hours before the flight and one (1) hour before boarding the plane.
- You must wear a surgical mask during your time in the airport and during all phases of the flight.
- If you travel with a connection to Peru, you must have a double face mask or face shield combined with your face mask.
- Arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before the flight departure. If you want to avoid long lines at the airport, you can add the Express Line service to your reservation (Here)
- You must remain in your assigned seat throughout the flight. If you want to choose your own seat rather than having it assigned randomly, you must do it in advance through the web (Here)
- On-board sales will be enabled for all national and international flights with the proper biosecurity measures and established protocols. Take advantage of our Viva Menu
- You will not be allowed to board if you have a fever or respiratory symptoms associated with Covid-19.